Monday, April 03, 2017

I Am Doing the 'Live Below the Line Challenge' 2017 #lbl2017



Homelessness and poverty are real issues that impact so many people in this country and worldwide. Anecdotally, I reckon I've noticed an increase over the last few years, at least locally here in Adelaide. I know it's not much but I would like to do what I can to change things.

I think we also need to shift culture away from pointing the finger at individuals (and what they have done wrong) and look at services that can provide support and assistance as well as improve our systems. Everyone is different, and everyone lives in differing circumstances.

Coupled with the poor state of Australia’s mental health care, and our generally poor attitude towards preventative care, I think we should be doing more than we currently are.

I'll be matching any donations dollar-for-dollar up to my goal of $500, so don't worry - I'll be putting my money where my mouth is. I'll also be blogging about the food that I make during this time period.

I don't often do fundraising for charity, but this is certainly a cause I can believe in.

Please donate here: https://www.livebelowtheline.com.au/fundraisers/stomczak

0 comments: